- Behavioral Health
- Family Practice
- General Practice
- Geriatric Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Medicine, General
- Mental Health
- Nurse Practitioner
- OB / GYN
- Physical Medicine
- Primary Care
- Sports Medicine
- Surgery, General
- Surgery, Orthopedic
- Surgery, Vascular
- PC Tablet Optimized
Practice Management Features
Eye Care-Specific Features
Average user rating from: 5 user(s)
|Ease of Initial Physical Setup||8.6 (5)|
|Ease of Implementation Into Practice||7.8 (5)|
|Quality of Initial Training||8.0 (5)|
|Intuitiveness of Exam Portion||6.6 (5)|
|Speed of Data Input||5.0 (5)|
|Easily Customizable Interface||4.6 (5)|
|Has a Pleasing 'Look and Feel'||5.8 (5)|
|Quality of Scheduling System||6.2 (5)|
|Easy to Update and Maintain||5.4 (5)|
|Quality of Financial Reports||2.7 (3)|
|Staff Acceptance||6.3 (4)|
|Favorable Licensing Terms||10.0 (3)|
|Has all the features I need||4.0 (5)|
|Quality of Support||7.4 (5)|
|Overall Ease of Use||7.6 (5)|
|Overall Value||6.2 (5)|
|Overall Satisfaction||5.4 (5)|
|Would Recommend to a Friend||5.8 (5)|
For now, Practicefusion works for me. Not well, but works because I'm a one year old. The practice barely walks. (How do you like that comment, pediatricians and other neurologist who remember development - oh and parents!) Once I start to run, talk in full sentences and start to direct my own actions more, I may switch. OR maybe by then practicefusion becomes a true viable program instead of just acceptable for now.
2) The Templates are better than most other programs I have seen. However, let me tell you that most programs use Dragon and that has templates that might even be better than Practice fusion.
3) The look and feel is good. It was quite intuitive to set up and start use.
4) Cloud is good.
5) IT IS FREE! WOO HOO!
1) Practice fusion's schedule system is good but it still allows people to put Doctor A's patients into a schedule that is BLOCKED for doctor A but open to Doctor B. The schedule default is 15 minute time intervals and even after you change it, it resorts to 15 minutes after a while. Front desk girls can get too busy to deal with changing that default all the time and you get a NEW visit scheduled in at 15.
2) It is HORRIBLE for specialists because the referral response fax instantly loses all the formatting you put into the original note. HORRIBLE. I need to then print out the note and have a prefab hello thank you letter and fax it manually.
-ALSO There is no good way of keeping track of who is sending the referral. BAD BAD BAD. You actually have to keep a separate EXCEL sheet or a simple marble notebook for that.
3) Templates do eventually make all your notes look and feel the same. Editing Templates can get cumbersome and annoying.
4) Scanning in documents are SUPER Cumbersome. I had to get a separate program to keep those files because Practice fusion merely stacks them up chronologically without any filing techniques. Also the actual SLOW way of uploading and labeling the file is why I hired a high school kid for after school. They have expensive outside companies that want to do that for me. A high school kid does it even better and at minimum wage.
5) CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASH: Adobe Flash.
6) KAREO is cheaper but also a cumbersome billing software that links with Practicefusion. Most billing companies will argue again and again for Emdeon.
7) Remember that this is free so, they must not be able to hire a lot of technical people to deal with ALL the requested features and thus most of the requests by people like making labels and printing out better response letters and doing better report making are always ignored. They have bigger fish to fry like making it crash less.
It is quite difficult to costomize. The notes are very simple and don't look good. They all say Free EHR at the bottom of each page. It's somewhat embarrasing if you are a consultant and need to send notes to your referring physicians.
Last updated: September 12, 2012
Top 50 Reviewer - View all my reviews
Practice fusion review
Tablet integration is in the works since last announced in Nov of 2011. Physians are told "some time" in 2012. Well nothing yet and you can't see your schedule at all with iOS devices. In fact, you can't use iOS devices with practice fusion unless you use logmein software which drastically kills the use of the program and reduced to font to microscopic size. With frequent disconnects in the office, this is not a solution. This program is adobe flash.
If you are looking for a free soluton to EHR, this is it. You can get your incentive, just don't come with expectations of getting requests for improvments done at a good speed. I was told they get thousands of request for software improvement. Well there you go. Thousands of people are requesting changes and as far as I've seen, it hasn't happened in the last 90 days.
I will addend my review when or if improvements are made
I decided to update this review. As of 10 months of using the program, no Ipad app as promised. They have a forum for you to request features and many doctors are upset about them not making the necessary changes to the program to make it work better. I'm very upset with this program as it could stand so many changes for the better but they won't make the necessary changes. It's a disappointment I cannot see my schedule....ever on iOS devices. The program wastes many steps that prevent effective flow. YOu have to go through 5 steps to print a note! You cannot upload multiple files and have to do each one individually which takes time for my staff to do and wastes time. But basically, I don't see any sort of leadership and response to Physician requests that make the program better. Don't know if they don't know how to do it or they just don't care. They should also switch to HTML5 and I as well as other doctors have requested this but they have not. This limits the program to flash and limits the program functionality and use with iOS devices. Such a pain to be ignored on feature requests. Like it was said before on another review. This program is a typical toddler and needs to grow up.
super easy to set up and use!!
Very good online, free EHR.
I have been using this for a few months. Customizing the templates has taken some time but has made it very easy to use so far.